After revolutionizing the telecom industry with Jio, Reliance industries introduced a feature phone called 'Jio Phone'. With a refundable security deposit of Rs 1500, the 'Jio Phone' registered massive sales and witnessed huge demand from customers. On top of it, Reliance announced the much-awaited GigaFiber service as part of 'Bharat India Jodo' initiative that aims to bridge the development gap between rural and urban areas. On that note, listing down the 5 key takeaways from 41st AGM meet of Reliance Industries on Thursday.:
1. The company announced that it is rolling out hi-speed broadband 'Jio Gigafiber', with a monthly quota of 100 GB and 100 mbps speed. Registrations for this much-anticipated service will begin from August 15th.
2. Speaking at the event, Chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani said that Jio now has a customer base of 21.5 crores across India and with Gigafiber, Reliance is aiming to connect 5 crore homes across 1100 cities.
3. The GigaFiber service will enable digital transformations like Ultra HD entertainment, multi-party video conferences, virtual reality experience and voice controlled virtual assistants.
4. Mukesh Ambani's daughter Isha introduced a new mobile in 'Jio Phone' series, which will be available from 15th August at Rs 2,999. It's a smart feature phone with Qwerty keyphone and KaiOS operating system. The new JioPhone comes with equipped YouTube, Facebook and Whatsapp. The old JioPhone users can replace with newer one for Rs 500.
5. The Jio GigaTV set top box, with access to 600 HD channels, was also launched and this service will permit us to make video calls on televisions which are connected to Jio GigaFiber and GigaTV set top box. This new feature will be available for mobile users as well.