The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Commission (GHMC) yesterday seized a Subway outlet at the Hyderabad Central Mall in Punjagutta after cockroaches were found inside aerated drinks at the popular eatery
On May 16, a customer named Vamshi was shocked when his daughter felt something was moving inside her mouth after consuming the drink. When she spat the drink out, two cockroaches were spotted in the aerated drinks served by the Subway staff. The plastic lid contained several more cockroaches.
Vamshikrishna immediately questioned the staff about it and even posted a video of the cockroaches and his confrontation with Subway staff online. He also filed a complaint with the Punjagutta Police. Vamshikrishna Reddy's video went viral on social media and it also attracted the Food Inspectors at the GHMC.
The officers raided Subway's premises and seized the eatery after they found that the outlet was functioning under unhygienic conditions. The officials suspected that the Subway staff had cleaned the kitchen and other surroundings, but they still found several cockroaches in the kitchen. Samples were collected and the eatery was seized until further notice.